In order to have a healthy GI microbiome, you need to have a diverse population of microflora in your gut. This is because they contribute to digestion, gut integrity, motility, and efficient removal of waste. There are many conditions that can influence your microbial balance. Some of them include stress, a poor diet, food sensitivities, medication, environmental factors and disease conditions. Probiotics have been shown to help balance out the “good” and “bad” bacteria in your gut.  Increasing the amount of immunoglobulins also encourages the intestine to be balanced. Additionally, the enhancement of a healthy GI microbiome balance promotes overall health.
WHAT IS PROBIOSBO?
ProbioSBO contains ingredients that are proven to be beneficial to microbiome wellness and overall immune health. LactoSpore® (Bacillus coagulans MTCC5856) is a lactic acid-producing bacteria. This ingredient is proven to promote healthy bacterial balance in the gut. Additionally, it has been proven to be beneficial for maintaining blood lipid levels and vaginal health. IG 26 DF (IgY MaxTM), hyperimmunized egg powder, provides immunoglobulins and immune cofactors. This is important to help inhibit the body from non-beneficial cell adhesion.
WHAT IS SIBO?
SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) is a serious condition that affects the small intestine. It occurs when there is an overgrowth of bacteria in the small intestine. This can cause pain and diarrhea. It may lead to malnutrition if left untreated.
CAUSES OF SIBO
Your small intestine is supposed to move food along in your body. If your small intestine doesn’t move that food along at the proper rate, it results in SIBO. This is a problem because bacteria becomes overgrown in the small intestine. Then it stays there too long as well. When “good” bacteria can’t keep up with the “bad” bacteria, the “bad” bacteria grows too quickly. This results in an imbalance that causes SIBO symptoms.
SYMPTOMS OF SIBO
Unfortunately, many issues can cause the same symptoms that SIBO does. Some of these symptoms are:
SIBO can even lead to weight loss or anemia, if left untreated. This is because your body will not be getting enough iron or calories.
INGREDIENTS THAT WORK
Studies show that B coagulans help the bacteria in your gut properly function. [8,9] Additionally, B coagulans stimulate the immune system, and reduce gas. IgY MaxTM has been shown to decrease harmful bacteria, combat infections, and decrease inflammation. Immunoglobulins neutralize viruses, bacteria, and antigens. They also support the immune system.
LactoSpore® (Bacillus coagulans MTCC5856)
Lactic acid-producing bacteria are crucial in GI micro ecology. This is because they prevent non-beneficial microorganisms from growing. This is done through competitive inhibition, and making non-conducive acidic environments. It helps the good bacteria properly function in your gut and stimulates the immune system. B coagulans is a probiotic strain that contains a thermostable spore coating. This allows a longer shelf life and the ability to survive until reaching the gut. B coagulans has a safety profile that has been documented for the last 20 years.  It received a safety approval in Canada premarket in 2014. It also has received USFDA GRAS status. There has been an abundance of research that proves that it has many physiological benefits.
B coagulans improve both acute and chronic GI symptoms due to abnormalities in intestinal flora. They are also known to relieve pain of intestinal gas. One study of 61 adults with symptoms of GI conditions found that B coagulans improved 3 out of 12 GI variables. More recent studies have found that it also improves those who suffer from infections or the use of antibiotics.
Over an eight week period, the effect of B coagulans on pain and discomfort was measured on 44 individuals with irritable bowel syndrome. Significant improvements were found and reported through a self-assessment score. Additionally there was a double-blind, placebo controlled study which evaluated the safety and efficacy of LactoSpore in IBS patients over a 90 day period. This study resulted in findings that reflected daily supplementation with two billion spores decreased symptoms of GI distress. This study resulted in licensure of a Canadian health claim for the use of LactoSpore to address IBS.
Hyperlipidemia and Vaginal Health
B coagulans is most notable for Gi health, however the effects they have on blood lipid levels is significant as well. A study of 17 patients with hyperlipidemia, were put on a daily regimen of B coagulans for 12 weeks. There was a significant reduction in total serum cholesterol and LDL cholesterol. B coagulans also plays a role in the management of vaginitis.
IgY MaxTM Hyperimmunized Egg Powder
Microbial imbalance happens when there is an overgrowth of non-beneficial bacteria in the gut.  ProbioMax IG 26 DF combines LactoSpore with IgY Max to help with the attachment of beneficial flora. This also helps non-beneficial bacteria because it offers passive immunity in the intestinal tract. This lets the beneficial bacteria survive.
Immunology researchers began studying health benefits to humans that could be reached by the consumption of products from hyper-immunized lactating cows and laying hens. It was discovered that they could immunize a single laying hen against multiple human germs at the same time. ” IgY Max is the result of this specialized egg harvesting and processing techniques. They result in an immunoglobulin-rich, dried hyper-immune egg food product. This can be consumed as a dietary supplement. Hyper-immune egg provides a concentrated source of IgY antibodies and immune-supporting ingredients that allow immunity to those who consume it.[22-27] There are over 100 patents associated with the production of hyper-immune egg. Additionally, IgY Max is GRAS—a designation that affirms safe consumption— and it holds a Food Additive Master File number.*
An 8-week study utilized two 500 mg capsules of IgY Max two times per day. This explored the effect on the diversity of microbes. The results included reports of “a decrease in gas and bloating,” and “feeling more energy.” Randomized controlled trials suggest the IgY plays a significant role in rotavirus-associated diarrhea. A study of children with diarrhea were randomly put into groups of control, probiotic and immunoglobulin. When compared to placebo, IgY group had a reduction in oral and IV fluid intake, duration of diarrhea from day of admission and duration of rotavirus clearance from stool.
It is important to know that this compound protects against 26 human pathogens that are found in the gut. The “bad” bacteria are prevented from sticking to your gut lining. This makes sure that the “good” bacteria stay at a safe level. In addition IgY MaxTM provides these benefits:
WHY DR ZYROWSKI USES ProbioSBO?
A large majority of the immune system is located in the gut. Those suffering from SIBO also suffer from a compromised immune system. Probiotics combined with immunoglobulins neutralizes unwanted pathogens offering a healthy microbiome with a balanced immune system. This is why this probiotic is for those suffering from SIBO.
Celarity Company Statement
Celarity ProbioSBO is a state of the art product that is pharmaceutical grade and only to be sold by licensed practitioners. Celarity prides itself on being on the forefront of innovation in the natural health and holistic healing field. Celarity also prides itself on working with innovative doctors who are disruptors in the health care field.
Count: 120 vegetarian capsules
Suggested use: Take two capsules daily with cold water, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Does not contain: Wheat, gluten, yeast, corn, soy, dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial preservatives.
1. Heiman ML, Greenway FL. A healthy gastrointestinal microbiome is dependent on dietary diversity. Mol Metab. 2016 Mar 5;5(5):317-20. [PMID: 27110483]
2. Lloyd-Price J, Abu-Ali G, Huttenhower C. The healthy human microbiome. Genome Med. 2016 Apr 27;8(1):51. [PMID: 27122046]
3. Xu Z, Knight R. Dietary effects on human gut microbiome diversity. Br J Nutr. 2015 Jan;113 Suppl:S1-5. [PMID: 25498959]
4. Grimm V, Riedel CU. Manipulation of the microbiota using probiotics. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2016;902:109-17. [PMID: 27161354]
5. Majeed M, Prakash L. Probiotics for Health and Well-Being. White Paper. East Windsor, NJ: Sabinsa Corporation; 2014.
6. Majeed M, Nagabhushanam K, Natarajan S, et al. Evaluation of genetic and phenotypic consistency of Bacillus coagulans MTCC 5856: a commercial probiotic strain. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016 Apr;32(4):60. [PMID: 26925622]
7. Majeed M, Nagabhushanam K, Natarajan S, et al. A double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel Study evaluating the safety of Bacillus coagulans MTCC 5856 in healthy individuals. J Clin Toxicol. 2016;6;283:2161-0495. http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/
8. Hyronimus B, Le Marrec C, Urdaci MC. Coagulin, a bacteriocin-like inhibitory substances produced by Bacillus coagulans I4. J Appl Microbiol. 1998 Jul;85(1):42-50. [PMID: 9721655]
9. Duc le H, Hong HA, Barbosa TM, et al. Characterization of Bacillus probiotics available for human use. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004 Apr;70(4):2161-71. [PMID: 15066809]
10. Kalman DS, Schwartz P, Alvarez S, et al. A prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled parallel-group dual site trial to evaluate the effects of a Bacillus coagulans-based product on functional intestinal gas symptoms. BMC gastroenterology. 2009 Nov 18;9:85. [PMID: 19922649]
11. Chandra RK. Effect of Lactobacillus on the incidence and severity of acute rotavirus diarrhoea in infants. A prospective placebo-controlled double-blind study. Nutrition research. 2002 Jan-Feb;22(1-2):65-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0271-
12. La Rosa M, Bottaro G, Gulino N, et al. Prevention of antibiotic-associated diarrhea with Lactobacillus sporogens and fructo-oligosaccharides in children. A multicentric double-blind vs placebo study [in Italian]. Minerva pediatrica. 2003 Oct;55(5):447-52. [PMID: 14608267]
13. Hun L. Bacillus coagulans significantly improved abdominal pain and bloating in patients with IBS. Postgrad Med. 2009 Mar;121(2):119-24. [PMID: 19332970]
14. Majeed M, Nagabhushanam K, Natarajan S, et al. Bacillus coagulans MTCC 5856 supplementation in the management of diarrhea predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome: a double blind randomized placebo controlled pilot clinical study. Nutr J. 2016 Feb 27;15:21. [PMID: 26922379]
15. Balliett M, Burke JR. Changes in anthropometric measurements, body composition, blood pressure, lipid profile, and testosterone in patients participating in a low-energy dietary intervention. J Chiropr Med. 2013 Mar;12(1):3-14. [PMID: 23997718]
16. Mohan JC, Arora R, Khalilullah M. Short term hypolipidemic effects of oral lactobacillus sporogenes therapy in patients with primary dyslipidemias. Indian Heart J. 1990 Sep-Oct;42(5):361-4. [PMID: 2086441]
17. Mohan JC, Arora R, Khalilullah M. Preliminary observations on effect of Lactobacillus sporogenes on serum lipid levels in hypercholesterolemic patients. Indian J Med Res. 1990 Dec;92:431-2. [PMID: 2079358]
18. Sankholkar PC, Sali M. “Myconip” (Sporlac) vaginal tablets in non-specific vaginitis. Clinical study report from B. J. Medical College, Pune, India. Unpublished.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.