Electrolyte + is a great-tasting naturally flavored electrolyte powder drink, formulated with a balanced blend of key vitamins, minerals, electrolytes, taurine, and carnosine. This premier hydration complex supports optimal hydration and healthy electrolyte balance, both of which are crucial to athletic performance, muscle contraction, and overall cellular function. Electrolyte + is free of any artificial flavors, artificial colors, and sugars, which can hinder your performance and health. Your whole family is bound to enjoy the delicious Lemonade flavor.
Electrolytes occur naturally in the body and are responsible for important physiological functions. They play a vital role in contracting muscles, keeping you hydrated, and regulating your body's pH levels.
Celarity Electrolyte + Powder was meticulously crafted with electrolytes and nutrients that support fluid balance, especially while you exercise and partake in physical activity. This formula is free from added sugars, artificial colors, and unnecessary additives that can detract from your health and performance. Say goodbye to Gatorade and other artificially flavored sports drinks. Stay at the top of your game with Electrolyte + and get the maximum electrolyte benefits.
In nutrition, the word electrolytes specifically refers to essential minerals found in your blood, sweat, and urine. When these minerals are dissolved into a liquid, they form electrolytes - positively or negatively charged ions that are used in metabolic processes in the body. Electrolytes found in your body include:
Individuals can find themselves with an electrolyte deficiency for a variety of reasons. You do lose electrolytes when sweating. Others find that they are in a deficiency due to vomiting or diarrhea. Others who have been following a low-carb diet for an extended period of time can also find themselves with an electrolyte deficiency. When someone has an electrolyte deficiency, they can experience one or more of the following symptoms:
When you are exercising, the balance of electrolytes in your body is imperative for healthy cellular physiology. When you sweat, electrolytes are lost and must be replenished to maintain proper cell function. As such, staying hydrated is critical in order to sustain athletic performance and help you push through your workouts. Electrolyte + contains an evidence-based blend of minerals and electrolytes to support hydration and electrolyte balance. Here's how these unique micronutrients help you stay at the top of your game:
CALCIUM (as Dicalcium Phosphate and Calcium D-Glucarate)
Calcium is key for healthy muscular contraction, cell signaling, cell division, and bone density.1 Electrolyte + contains highly bioavailable calcium from dicalcium phosphate and calcium D-glucarate for supporting healthy calcium status.
PHOSPHORUS (as Dicalcium Phosphate)
Phosphorus has ubiquitous roles throughout the human body acting as a component of phosphate. Phosphorus works synergistically with calcium to support bone density and muscular contraction, as well as being a crucial substrate for energy (ATP) production.2
TRAACS® MAGNESIUM(Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate)
Magnesium is one of the most lacking minerals in the modern human diet, yet it’s also one of the most important for healthy and efficient muscle contraction, cardiovascular function, neurotransmission, digestion, and healthy fluid balance.3 With magnesium, the key is to supplement with a form that’s well-absorbed, which is why Electrolyte + contains highly bioavailable TRAACS® patented magnesium bisglycinate chelate.
SODIUM(as Trisodium Citrate and Sodium Chloride) Sodium is the primary positive ion (cation) present in fluid outside of cells. It modulates the amount of water in the body and the movement of sodium into and out of cells is essential for proper cell-to-cell signaling.
POTASSIUM(Potassium Chloride and Potassium Aspartate)
Potassium is the primary positive ion (cation) present inside of cells. Along with sodium, potassium is essential for cell-to-cell signaling and is also an important substrate for skeletal muscle contraction.
CHROMIUM(as Chromium Picolinate)
Chromium is an essential trace mineral that has been shown to promote proper carbohydrate metabolism, support healthy serotonin levels, and even regulate cortisol levels (which tend to increase during exercise).4,5 In so doing, chromium can help support energy production and mood during physical activity.
Many dietary supplements rely on inferior forms of chromium which are not well-absorbed, such as chromium chloride. Electrolyte + contains chromium picolinate as this form is highly bioavailable.6
HYDRATING VITAMIN COMPLEX
In addition to minerals and electrolytes, Electrolyte + contains a comprehensive profile of bioavailable B vitamins, vitamin C, and vitamin E. These vitamins work complementary to electrolytes and minerals in Electrolyte + to support healthy cellular function and maintain antioxidant status. Research suggests that antioxidant vitamins help mitigate exercise-induced oxidative stress, thereby promoting athletic performance and endurance.7
TAURINE AND L-CARNOSINE
Taurine is a non-proteinogenic amino acid with research demonstrating that it supports athletic performance (especially at high intensity) and may attenuate exercise-induced oxidative stress.8 This amino acid is unique in that it’s not abundant in foods, meaning you must supplement with it to reach effective doses.
Electrolyte + Powder also contains carnosine—a dipeptide that appears to play an integral role in muscle contraction and high-intensity exercise, with research suggesting it acts as a “buffer” and may reduce fatigue associated with lactic acid buildup.9 Carnosine also has been shown to have antioxidant properties throughout the body (antioxidants protect against oxidative stress by neutralizing free radicals).10
Recommended Usage:Mix 1 scoop in 8 ounces of water 10-15 minutes before exercise and after exercise, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
I have a question about electrolyte +? Can you drink it during a fast or does it break your fast? Thank you.
--Thank you for your question. Many people find they can drink this electrolyte powder during their fasting hours. With only 15 calories, they find they still get great results and do not have it impact their fast.
1. Reid, I. R., Bristow, S. M., & Bolland, M. J. (2015). Calcium supplements: benefits and risks. Journal of internal medicine, 278(4), 354-368.
2. van Dronkelaar, C., van Velzen, A., Abdelrazek, M., van der Steen, A., Weijs, P. J., & Tieland, M. (2017). Minerals and sarcopenia; the role of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, and zinc on muscle mass, muscle strength, and physical performance in older adults: a systematic review. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association.
3. Ford, E. S., & Mokdad, A. H. (2003). Dietary magnesium intake in a national sample of US adults. The Journal of Nutrition, 133(9), 2879-2882.
4. Komorowski JR, Tuzcu M, Sahin N, Juturu V, Orhan C, Ulas M, Sahin K. (2012). Chromium picolinate modulates serotonergic properties and carbohydrate metabolism in a rat model of diabetes. Biol Trace Elem Res.149(1):50-6.
5. Althuis MD, Jordan NE, Ludington EA, Wittes JT. (2002). Glucose and insulin responses to dietary chromium supplements: a meta-analysis. Am J Clin Nutr. 76:148-55.
6. Anderson, R. A. (1997). Chromium as an essential nutrient for humans. Regulatory toxicology and pharmacology, 26(1), S35-S41.
7. Woolf, K., & Manore, M. M. (2006). B-vitamins and exercise: does exercise alter requirements?. International journal of sport nutrition and exercise metabolism, 16(5), 453-484.
8. Zhang, M., Izumi, I., Kagamimori, S., Sokejima, S., Yamagami, T., Liu, Z., & Qi, B. (2004). Role of taurine supplementation to prevent exercise-induced oxidative stress in healthy young men. Amino acids, 26(2), 203-207.
9. Rashidlamir, A., Bagheri, R., & Akbari, M. (2017, May). Effect of two-weeks beta-alanine supplementation on plasma carnosine and lactic acid in trained-wrestlers. In Applicable research in wrestling.
10. Heidari, R., Abdoli, N., Ommati, M. M., Jamshidzadeh, A., & Niknahad, H. (2018). Mitochondrial impairment induced by chenodeoxycholic acid: The protective effect of taurine and carnosine supplementation. Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4(2).
Additional references available upon request.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.