Many of us had acne and severe blemishes as kids. You may even remember scouring the isles at the drug store looking for a miracle fix as a teenager. Acne was an embarrassing part of growing up. There is no telling how much money we spent on products that didn’t even work. (1)
Some adults still suffer from acne and blemishes today. They go to their doctors and get a list of certain face cleansers and maybe even prescriptions to treat the problem. Some of these are loaded with harmful chemicals and can also have some pretty drastic side effects.
In this article, we’ll go through why most people have acne problems and discuss how to treat this issue without harsh creams, soaps, and medications. Let’s take a deeper look into the problems with acne and explore some ways you can keep your skin healthy and blemish-free.
Most people have skin issues like acne because of an unhealthy gut. If you have an unhealthy gut, it will show in your complexion, and your skin may have lots of acne, blemishes, and even rashes.
Eating unhealthy foods can also be a reason for acne. When you consume lots of processed carbohydrates, and your diet consists primarily of junk foods, your skin will pay the price for it.
Some foods may affect you worse than others. For instance, sugar could cause lots of inflammation in your body. Everyone who eats sugar would benefit from removing it from their diets. Diet also affects your gut, which as we mentioned, will directly play a role in the health of your skin.
Stress can cause blemishes to get worse. When you are under chronic stress, you tend to touch your face more, which can cause oil and dirt to gather, making acne spread and more noticeable than before.
It is crucial to mention that many people who have acne end up with scarring. That is why it is important to do something about it as soon as you can. The longer you wait, the more potential damage it can do to your skin. (2)
When you have had enough of dealing with acne and want to get rid of it, you have more options than you may think. You don’t need to run to the drug store and gather expensive lotions and creams. You can treat your acne problem naturally when you follow some simple, yet effective strategies.
1. Keep a food journal – even if you eat a healthy diet, you could have some food sensitivities that cause some of your acne outbreaks. Keeping track of what you eat can show you any foods you may need to remove from your diet. That can be an incredible way to reduce the number of acne breakouts you get. You can also get a food sensitivity test that will show you the kind of foods you may need to cut out of your diet that can be causing you different health issues, including acne.
2. Reduce sugar intake – When you eat too much sugar, it can cause a bacteria overgrowth in your gut. When you get those increased bacteria, it can cause the skin to become unhealthy and increase all skin issues.
3. Take a quality probiotic – Taking a quality probiotic is critical if you want to balance out your gut microbiome and increase those good bacteria while removing the bad ones. The problem too many people have, is they go to the local grocery store and get whatever they find on the shelves. Then, they try it for a couple of weeks and give up because they don’t see any results. When you buy a probiotic, you must get a quality product from a trusted source. To have a properly functioning gut and stomach, you must create a healthy environment inside your body. Taking a probiotic daily will help strengthen your gut and the rest of your body.
4. Use a probiotic serum – You can get a serum that includes healthy bacteria that will give you a glowing complexion and help with your entire cell microbiome. The probiotic serum is unlike those harmful face creams and face cleaners you can get that will decrease the good bacteria on your skin.
5. Get more sleep – When you want to improve the appearance of your skin, getting a little more sleep might help. When you sleep, your body releases growth hormones that assist with tissue and cell repair. That helps to restore your skin. Sleep also helps produce cytokines, the molecules that fight off infections, including the ones that attack your skin. (3)
A lack of sleep can be associated with acne flare-ups. When you don’t get enough sleep, your cortisol levels will rise. That can impact your skin’s ability to fight off infection. Losing sleep can also make stress worse, which can cause more acne issues.
Cortisol can also negatively affect your gut. When it gets too high, it can cause intestinal permeability issues. That will allow toxins to pass through the bloodstream and increase skin issues, like acne and blemishes.
You can see that achieving natural, acne-free skin won’t happen without also having a healthy gut. You can’t have a healthy gut without making some changes to a healthier, well-balanced diet.
Everyone could benefit from increasing their probiotic intake. Even if you eat a healthy diet, farming methods aren’t what they used to be. The soil has gotten stripped of good bacteria and minerals that your body needs.
To get healthy skin and get rid of acne for good, you need to get back to basics. You don’t need expensive prescriptions that will remove your good bacteria and leave you with terrible side effects. You can incorporate natural remedies that work better and will allow you to have blemish-free skin. You don’t want to put a bunch of toxic chemicals on your skin, yet many people do that every day attempting to have better results. Like we always say, true health only comes naturally, and if you want to remove acne and have smooth, healthy skin, you can do it naturally. Check out our website, where we post tons of resources to help you on your healthy journey.