GABA-Sero Active is formulated with specific vitamins, minerals, and amino acids to support healthy levels of both Serotonin and GABA simultaneously. GABA-Sero Active support calmness, a healthy mood, and a healthy nervous system.
In order to have a healthy-functioning nervous system, you must offer it proper support. Our nervous system requires vitamins, minerals, amino acids and cofactors in order to create healthy neurotransmitter levels, perform nerve transmission and establish a balanced brain chemistry. GABA-Sero Active is intended to support both the GABAergic and Serotonergic systems in the nervous system.
What are neurotransmitters?
Neurotransmitters play a major role in everyday function of the human body. Neurotransmitters transmit signals across a chemical synapse from one neuron to another, known as a target cell. A target cell may be a muscle cell or a gland cell and this is ultimately how your nervous communicates throughout the body.
Problems Stemming from Unhealthy Neurotransmitter Levels
Strong imbalances or diminished levels of neurotransmitters have been associated with many diseases such as Parkinson’s, depression, insomnia, ADHD, anxiety, memory loss, addictions and weight challenges. Neurotransmitter imbalances can alter someone quality of life in a major way as you consider the major struggles that stem from the above-mentioned symptoms. This is where GABA-Sero Active steps in to offer support.
What is GABA?
GABA is a neurotransmitter that blocks impulses between the nerve cells and the brain. Low levels of GABA have been linked to: anxiety, epilepsy, and chronic pain. Researchers have found that GABA has a calming effect on the body. Individuals who supplement with a GABA support will do so in order to:
- Improve mood
- Relieve Anxiety
- Improve Sleep
- Help with pre-menstrual symptoms
- Support ADHD
What is Serotonin?
Serotonin is thought to be especially active in constricting smooth muscles, transmitting impulses between nerve cells, regulating cyclic body processes and contributing to wellbeing and happiness.
Serotonin is regarded by researchers as a chemical that is responsible for maintaining mood balance, and that a deficit of serotonin leads to depression.
Introducing GABA-Sero Active
GABA-Sero Active is designed to support healthy levels of both Serotonin and GABA simultaneously. Deficiencies in either of these neurotransmitters can cause significant symptoms in one’s health. Both of these neurotransmitters play a major role in the overall sense of wellbeing and happiness. This is why this uniquely designed formula offers the Clinical Applications of supporting:
A Scientific Breakdown of the Ingredients behind GABA-Sero Active
- A healthy nervous system
- Inhibitory neurotransmitters
- Healthy mood and wellbeing
- Synthesis of neurotransmitters, including serotonin
- Healthy GABA levels
Methylation is the addition of a methyl group (a carbon atom with three hydrogen atoms attached) to proteins, enzymes, chemicals, DNA, or amino acids like homocysteine. This is a crucial aspect of
nervous system health and required for the synthesis of neurotransmitters.
GABA-Sero Active provides important nutrients required in the methylation pathway, such as selenomethionine; vitamin B6 as pyridoxal 5’-phosphate; vitamin B12 as the readily bioavailable form, methylcobalamin; and bioactive folate (5-MTHF glucosamine salt) and calcium folinate.
Pyridoxine nutritional status selectively modulates central production of serotonin and GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid)—neurotransmitters that are involved in physical pain perception and mental wellness.
Magnesium is provided as glycinate chelate, a very specific and unique form demonstrated to support intra-neuronal magnesium sufficiency. Magnesium is known to be a cofactor for over 325 enzymes, and has a multitude of actions, offering a calming effect on the nervous system and regulation of muscle contraction.
Laboratory, animal, and epidemiological research suggests a link between magnesium sufficiency and a healthy mood and calm demeanor.[4,5]
Vitamin C participates in the enzyme activity of two copper-dependent monooxygenases that are important in the synthesis of norepinephrine and serotonin.
In addition, vitamin C regulates the activity of some neurons within the brain that affect neurotransmitter membrane receptor synthesis and neurotransmitter dynamics.
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is an important inhibitory neurotransmitter found in 30% to 40% of the brain synapses. It helps calm the brain by neutralizing the excitatory effects of glutamate.
Research suggests that GABA supplementation or optimal GABA function in the brain positively affects neurological health, the body’s response to stress, mood, alpha, and beta brain waves, and sleep.
5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is a precursor to serotonin. It is well-absorbed in the intestine and easily crosses the blood-brain barrier. Serotonin regulates many normal brain activities; influences other neurotransmitters, such as norepinephrine and dopamine; and is important in regulating mood and behavior, including food cravings. Research suggests that adequate levels of 5-HTP instill a sense of calmness and relaxation.
L-Taurine is a conditionally essential, neuro-protective amino acid that helps maintain cell volume and stabilize cell membranes in the brain.
In addition to its roles in antioxidant activity and in amatory cytokine modulation, taurine is important in the transmission of nerve impulses and overall nerve function. Oral supplementation increases GABA.
L-Theanine is a naturally occurring, biologically active, free-form amino acid that provides relaxation support.
Mechanisms of action appear to relate to its effects on neurotransmitters, excitatory amino acids activity, and alpha brain wave activity.[13-15] Many practitioners utilize L-theanine to support overall relaxation without inducing drowsiness.
Why Dr. Zyrowski utilizes GABA-Sero Active Clinically
When people suffer from many of the above symptoms, it is not by choice. Some individuals have a hard time calming their mind. They literally try everything and they still suffer from anxiety, nervousness, and many of the symptoms listed above that are associated with low levels of Serotonin or GABA. Balancing ones neurotransmitter levels can offer them a quality of life they have not known.
Celarity Company Statement
Celarity GABA-Sero Active is a state of the art product that is pharmaceutical grade and only to be sold by licensed practitioners. Celarity prides itself on being on the forefront of innovation in the natural health and holistic healing field. Celarity also prides itself on working with innovative doctors who are disruptors in the health care field.
Count: 60 vegetarian capsules
Directions: Take two capsules one to two times daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Consult your healthcare practitioner before use, especially if you have a current medical ccondition or take prescription drugs. Pregnant or lactating women should consult their healthcare practitioner prior to use. Do not use if tamper seal is damaged.
Does not contain: Wheat, gluten, yeast, soy, animal or dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial preservatives.
1. Bottiglieri T, Laundy M, Crellin R, et al. Homocysteine and folate metabolism in depression. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2005 Sep;29(7):1103-12. [PMID: 10896698]
2. McCarty MF. High-dose pyridoxine as an ‘anti-stress’ strategy. Med Hypotheses. 2000 May;54(5):803-07. [PMID: 10859691]
3. Eby GA, Eby KL. Rapid recovery from major depression using magnesium treatment. Med Hypotheses. 2006;67(2):362-70. [PMID: 16542786]
4. Whittle N, Li L, Chen WQ, et al. Changes in brain protein expression are linked to magnesium restriction-induced depression-like behavior. Amino Acids. 2011 Apr;40(4):1231-48. [PMID: 21312047]
5. Sartori SB, Whittle N, Hetzenauer A, et al. Magnesium de ciency induces anxiety and HPA axis dysregulation: modulation by therapeutic drug treatment. Neuropharmacology. 2012 Jan;62(1):304-12. [PMID: 21835188]
6. Jacob, RA. Vitamin C. In: Shils M, Olson JA, Shike M, Ross AC, eds. Modern Nutrition in Health and Disease. 9th ed. Baltimore, MD: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 1999:467-482.
7. Fatemi SH, Folsom TD, Thuras PD. De cits in GABA(B) receptor system in schizophrenia and mood disorders: a postmortem study. Schizophr Res. 2011 May;128(1-3):37-43. [PMID: 21303731]
8. Mombereau C. Genetic and pharmacological evidence of a role for GABA(B) receptors in the modulation of anxiety- and antidepressant-like behavior. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2004 Jun;29(6):1050-62. [PMID: 15039762]
9. Shell W, Bullias D, Charuvastra E, et al. A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of an amino acid preparation on timing and quality of sleep. Am J Ther. 2010 Mar-Apr;17(2):133-39. [PMID: 19417589]
10. Birdsall TC. 5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor. Altern Med Rev. 1998 Aug;3(4):271-80. [PMID: 9727088]
11. Turner EH, Loftis JM, Blackwell AD. Serotonin a la carte: supplementation with the serotonin precursor 5-hydroxytryptophan. Pharmacol Ther. 2006 Mar;109(3):325-38. [PMID: 16023217]
12. Oja SS, Saransaari P. Pharmacology of taurine. Proc West Pharmacol Soc. 2007;50:8-15. [PMID: 18605222]
13. Di X, Yan J, Zhao Y, et al. L-theanine protects the APP (Swedish mutation) transgenic SH-SY5Y cell against glutamate-induced excitotoxicity via inhibition of the NMDA receptor pathway. Neuroscience. 2010 Jul 14;168(3):778-86. [PMID: 20416364]
14. Yamada T, Terashima T, Okubo T, et al. Effect of theanine, r-glutamylethylamide, on brain monoamines and striatal dopamine release in conscious rats. Nutr Neurosci. 2005 Aug;8(4):219-26. [PMID: 16493792]
15. Nobre AC, Rao A, Owen GN. L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008;17 Suppl 1:167-68. [PMID: 18296328]