Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
The great meditative, calming essential oil
Lavender is considered an oil that everyone should have on hand, due to its versatility. Lavender is used to help promote relaxation and restful sleep, soothe skin irritations, and ease feelings of tension or stress.
Lavender is not native to Australia, but has been grown successfully since first introduced from England in the nineteenth century (it was introduced into England by the ancient Romans). Selected chemotypes with superior chemical properties are grown in the Southern regions, where greater day length approximates its native Mediterranean locations.
The flowering tops are steam distilled, yielding up to 1.5% essential oil. Widely known and admired for its soothing, calming properties, it is also highly regarded for its ability to speed the healing of wounds while minimizing scarring. Its world-wide popularity has led to adulteration, substitution, and extension with lesser oils and synthetics. Lavender oil is perhaps the best example and the major reason for “knowing your supplier”. Best quality Australian Lavender comprises 35-40% of each of linalool and linalyl acetate, with little or no cineole or camphor.
How to Use Lavender Essential Oil
- Soothes occasional skin irritations
- Reduces anxious feelings
- Promotes peaceful sleep
- Helps ease feelings of tension
100% Pure Essential Oils
- Bites & Stings - Apply the diluted essential oil to inflamed area with a Q-tip.
- Burns (minor) - Drip diluted essential oil gently onto burn, or carefully use a well-soaked cotton ball.
- Cold Sores (HSV 1) - Apply diluted essential oil to inflamed area with a Q-tip.
- Cradle Cap (seborrhoeic dermatitis) – Apply diluted essential oil to the affected area of baby’s scalp after bathing, using a cotton ball.
- Diaper Rash – Apply diluted essential oil to the reddened area with a cotton ball.
- Eczema - Carefully wash and pat dry affected area, apply diluted essential oil with a Q-tip.
- Hair Care – Add 5 drops of essential oil to your shampoo or conditioner and smooth into hair, covering all strands and leave on a few minutes before rinsing off.
- Headache - Inhale vapor from essential oil using a diffuser, or apply diluted oil to temples.
- Herpes (HSV 1) - Apply diluted essential oil to inflamed area with a Q-tip.
Itches - Apply diluted essential oil directly to affected area with a Q-tip.
- Psoriasis - Apply diluted essential oil to affected area.
- Rashes - Apply diluted essential oil with a Q-tip.
- Relaxation - Add essential oil to your bath.
- Scars/Stretch Marks - Massage diluted essential oil into affected area.
- Sleep (restful) - Inhale vapor from essential oil using a diffuser, or rub diluted essential oil on soles of feet. Just a few drops on your pillow and you'll sleep better than you have in years.
- Stress - Inhale vapor from essential oil using a diffuser.
- Sunburn - Apply diluted essential oil with a cotton swab. Keep away from eyes.
In seeking the best essential oils, you will encounter a wide range of prices and variations in quality. It's important to look for a respected company whose knowledge and products you can trust. Our company has invested years into the research and development of essential oils. We offer the highest possible level of knowledge and experience based on continuous work and success in every facet of the global essential oil industry.
These essential oils are grown and harvested in sound, sustainable environmental conditions, either in plantations as a renewable resource, or from natural stands grown under ecological management on private lands. These essential oils are produced using exacting distillation methods, with meticulous attention to all phases of production, processing and packaging, which results in a dependably consistent top quality product.
Our native Australian essential oils come to us direct from The Australian Essential Oil Company (AEOC) in New South Wales. AEOC has produced and distributed the finest Australian essential oils throughout the world since 1987. Together with their strong and dedicated group of growers they produce, set and maintain the highest standards of purity and ecological sustainability. The Australian oils produced and packaged by AEOC are processed according to the strict requirements of organic certification. There are no middlemen or brokers in the supply line, allowing them to manage and guarantee the entire process from field to bottle.
Technical expertise and service offerings include analyses by Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectroscopy, as well as a full range of physical analyses in their Australian company's laboratories.
To dilute: Mix 5 drops of pure essential oil with one teaspoon of a quality cold-pressed oil, such as almond, apricot kernel, avocado, coconut or jojoba.
Caution: Use only pure essential oils or blends from a reputable source. Ask questions about their origin. Use of essential oils should not be viewed as a substitute for professional medical care. If any problem persists, consult your medical adviser. Avoid contact with eyes. Discontinue use if any adverse reactions occur, such as skin reddening, dry skin, or itchiness. Store essential oils safely, upright, in a cool, dark place, securely capped, out of reach of children.